If you live in Queensland and are planning to install a new solar power and/or battery storage system on your property, you have until 30 June 2019 to apply for an interest-free loan from the Queensland Government.
The Queensland Government is currently running a program that provides interest-free loans and grants to eligible homeowners and business owners who will be installing new solar power systems, battery storage systems or both on their properties.
Applications will close on 30 June 2019, so get in quick and submit your application if you’ve been planning to go solar. Now is your chance to save big bucks on your system if you’re eligible!
What can you apply for?
This program allows eligible homeowners and business owners to apply for one of three packages:
- Loans for Solar Systems. Get an interest-free loan of up to $4,500 for buying a new solar power system. You must pay back this loan in 7 years.
- Loans and Grants for Battery Systems. Get an interest-free loan of up to $6,000 and/or a $3,000 grant for buying a new solar battery storage system. You must repay this loan or grant within 10 years. Homeowners can apply for both a loan and grant or just a grant. Business owners, however, can only apply for the grant on this package.
- Loans and Grants for Combined Solar and Battery Systems. Get an interest-free loan of up to $10,000 or a $3,000 grant for buying a combined solar and battery storage system. You must repay this loan within 10 years. Like the package for battery systems above, homeowners can apply for both a loan and a grant on this package, or just the grant itself. Business owners, meanwhile, can only apply for the grant.
You can find out more about the program’s different packages here.
Are you eligible?
Not every homeowner or business owner is eligible to receive a loan or grant from this program.
Eligibility will depend on what package you’re applying for as well as a variety of other factors such as:
- Whether you have an existing solar power system
- Your annual electricity costs or usage
- Tax benefits (if applying as a homeowner)
- The size of your business (if applying as a business owner)
You can check and confirm your eligibility here.
How to apply
Get a quote from Sure Solar today. We are one of the few eligible and approved Queensland suppliers who can provide quotes and services under this program.
- Apply online. Visit the program’s official site and apply online.
- Get approval and let us know. Once you’ve received approval for your loan or grant, let us know so we can proceed to install your new system using this program.
- Use your approved loan or grant. Go online and use your approved loan or grant to pay for your new system.
- Install your new system. You must install your new system/s within six (6) months after receiving your approval for your loan or grant.